Tuesday, March 18, 2014

THE DAILY MAIL ... MARCH 18TH 2014 ...

By Bianca London
|       

She's a red carpet stalwart renowned for her timeless beauty and glamour and now Joan Collins is using the years of expertise she's accumulated to launch her own beauty range.
Joan, who learned all her techniques from Marilyn Monroe's make-up artist, Allan 'Whitey' Snyder, has curated Joan Collins Timeless Beauty for QVC.
The actress hopes her new range of skincare, fragrance and make-up will bring 'sophisticated, attainable and effective beauty to women of all ages'.
Absolutely fabulous! Joan Collins, 80, has launched a range of skin creams, fragrances and make-up for QVC
'Beauty is not just for the young,' she said. 'I believe with a little care and attention any woman can look good through her 40s, 50s, 70s and beyond.
'Looking good and feeling great is the right of every woman no matter how old she is. Beauty is timeless.'
Joan's new range, which is priced between £12 - £50, comprises a skincare regime, which she says contains a complex range of cutting edge anti-ageing ingredients that aim to achieve the results she demands for her own skin.
There are also lipsticks, nail varnishes, blushers, eyeshadow, fragrances, as well as crystal-embellished tools and accessories.
One for the women: The actress hopes her new range of skincare, fragrance and make-up will bring 'sophisticated, attainable and effective beauty to women of all ages'
In an exclusive interview with You magazine, the former Dynasty star revealed: 'I have always worn sun protection, and have kept my face away from harmful rays since I was 20.
'You should see me when I wake up  in the morning: my face is so white, it’s like a sheet.'
Extensive: Joan's new range, which is priced between £12-£50, comprises a skincare regime, fragrance and make-up
Extensive: Joan's new range, which is priced between £12-£50, comprises a skincare regime, fragrance and make-up
The five-times-married actress added that it takes her 'no time at all' to transform into a glamour queen: 'Half an hour for a full face with lashes. I shove it on - that’s why it’s called slap.'
Ms Collins also works out with a personal trainer twice a week and swims every day, yet admits: 'I’m  a chocoholic - but I believe that moderation is the key.'
She adds that she has never defined her style by her age, saying: 'I’ll wear a leather skirt - even a bikini - if I want to. Clothes are my passion and I adore them.'

JOAN'S RANGE: TRIED AND TESTED BY SIMON GLAZIN

For as long as I can remember I’ve loved a diva. I’m not talking about the Britney school of diva-dom.
When I was old enough to find out that Elizabeth Taylor had released a fragrance - White Diamonds - I became obsessed with her and it.
The beauty of White Diamonds is that once you have a whiff, you can immediately imagine that that is EXACTLY how Elizabeth Taylor smelled: heady, super-sweet and fabulously floral.
Fast forward 23 years, and Taylor’s friend Joan Collins is having quite the comeback. She is the face of Snickers, appeared on Benidorm, launched a wig line and now…her very own beauty collection complete with signature fragrance – I AM WOMAN. What I love about it, and White Diamonds for that matter, is that they are unapologetic in their extreme femininity. They totally overthrow the garden salad minimalism that a lot of fragrances now bow to.
Simon has tried and tested Joan's I Am Woman perfume and thinks her range would make the perfect mother's day gift
Simon has tried and tested Joan's I Am Woman perfume and thinks her range would make the perfect mother's day gift
Simon has tried and tested Joan's I Am Woman perfume and thinks her range would make the perfect mother's day gift

The press release states that: 'Joan believes that fragrance works in maximum effect when applied in layers'. It basically means that not only can you spritz yourself, but you can use the Essence as a room scent or bath fragrance. Just to get a bit technical too, ingredients such as lemon peel, orange zest, rose, jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood make up this scent.
You can just picture Joan dousing herself in this. This is exactly how I imagine her to smell. And I love it! I almost forgot to mention the brilliant Contra Time Skincare Collection (£35) too. We are told, ‘Joan’s favourite skincare products in handy travel sizes to keep the most jet-set women looking flawless and fabulous all day, every day. A regime to cleanse, tone, moisturise day and night’.

And don’t they just sound fabulous? These are just the most perfect Mother’s Day gift!
Read more from Simon on his blog theverysimong.com

No comments: