Tuesday, May 13, 2014

URBAN RETREAT .. WE LOVE SUNDAYS .. TIMELESS BEAUTY ... MAY 11TH 2014 ..

The Ultimate in Beauty and Lifestyle



We are more than a little bit in awe of this week’s Sunday Star. In today’s edition we turn the beauty spotlight on the one and only Joan Collins OBE. Mother, wife, actress, writer and beauty icon to millions, Joan is the epitome of everlasting glamour . Today we catch up about her latest project, Joan Collins Timeless Beauty a capsule collection of cosmetics which ooze the very essence of Joan’s style; timeless, bold and fabulous…
Sunday Brunch Spot:
Colbert in London - they have the best Croque Monsieur.
Bliss out treatment:
When I’ve been doing a lot of standing at events or just flown long-haul back to London I like to pop into The Nail Loft for a manicure or pedicure and foot massage.
Tipple:
A chilled fine Sancerre.
Saturday Night - Dancing till dawn or takeaway and a movie?
Saturday night dinner at 5 Hertford Street before their nightclub Loulou's.
My favorite beauty products
  • Leighton Denny Expert Nails I love the Leighton Denny crystal nail file, so much kinder to the nails than an emery board, and I use Leighton Denny’s Slick Tips to brighten up a manicure while moisturising my cuticles.
  • Divine Lips in Lady Joan or Alexis I have written six books in the past giving my beauty tips and am delighted now to have my own range, with colours created to reflect my favourite shades. I reach for my Alexis or Lady Joan shades most of the time.
  • I AM WOMAN fragrance I personally tested over 50 fragrance blends until I was happy with the all the elements for my I AM WOMAN fragrance, which I especially like to layer with the fragranced body lotion. This doesn’t stop me from browsing through the Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie, though; it’s an Aladdin’s cave of wondrous scents.
  • Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, Body Building Shampoo and Conditioner It’s no secret that I often use hairpieces, usually from my Dynasty range, however, when do my own hair I find the Philip Kingsley products make the most of my fine hair.
How would you describe your beauty style?        
Eclectic and glamorous! I realised that no one is born glamorous, but practically anyone can develop it. To be a glamorous woman is to be different, desirable and elegant.
Who are your favourite beauty icons?
Vivien Leigh and Ava Gardner. These fabulous ladies really possessed glamour in spades and Dita von Teese epitomises glamour today, you can almost see and fell their allure, their power and most particularly, their fierce individuality. I even named one of my Glorious Gloss lipglosses after Ava Gardner; it is a pale bronxe that reminds me of Ava’s stunning natural beauty.
Why have you chosen now to launch your new Joan Collins Timeless Beauty collection?
This has been a dream of mine for many, many years. I have a passion for beauty and I believe that, with the right products, and helpful tips and techniques, every woman can look good, whatever her age. Acquiring and keeping a beautiful skin, and the transformational power of cosmetics, have fascinated me since I was a teenager. All through my life in film, stage and television I have been lucky to have had access to the very best in the fields of skin care and make-up. I wanted to share that knowledge.
What is your favourite beauty tip or secret?
Beauty starts with the skin. Your skincare regime should be as much a part of your daily routine as brushing your teeth. It needs to be straightforward, easy and responsive to your skin’s needs. The quality of what you eat is as important as the quality of the products you use. I try to eat a balanced diet. I believe eating avocados is a very beneficial (I have included avocado butter in several of my skincare products) and I believe in taking vitamin supplements – I take Vitamin C, E and Omega oils. Also, always keep your eyebrow pencils sharp as a pin, never go outdoors without SPF and foundation as added protection, and lipstick, the queen of cosmetics. See .....

No comments: