Friday, March 13, 2015

QVC! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW .. TIMELESS BEAUTY ANNIVERSARY ... MARCH 15TH 2015 ..

Can you believe it’s been a year since the glamorous Joan Collins graced our screens with her Timeless Beauty range?

We caught up with the lady of the hour herself in Los Angeles, to have a chat with her ahead of the anniversary show…
So it’s been a year since your brand launched with us here on QVC. How has this year been for you?
It has been wonderfully exciting whirlwind year of QVC appearances in the UK, Italy and Germany. I have been totally immersed in Timeless Beauty, and even been able to share it on my filming projects – the range is proving to be a big hit with make-up artists.
I Am Woman
Congratulations on being awarded a damehood! How did you feel when you found out you were on the New Year’s Honours List?
I was beyond thrilled when I heard I was being made a Dame and am really looking forward to again meeting The Queen or Prince Charles in the spring to have the honour formally bestowed upon me.
What have been your highlights of being on QVC?
It took several years of hard work with the team developing my beauty experience and ideas
to create my Timeless Beauty range and it’s been a real privilege to launch it on QVC. Definitely a highlight has been sharing my beauty tips and tricks with the QVC audience and seeing how positively they, and the QVC presenters, have reacted to my new products. We have regular sell-outs, which is so exciting.
Do you have any backstage gossip for us?
No, things have run very smoothly behind the scenes, with my stylist Alyn Waterman on hand to deal to with any smudges or stray hair. Unlike on the Dynasty set – when we were throwing punches in the now famous fight scene in the lily pond, Linda Evans accidentally knocked me out and I came to in the emergency ward!
Glad to hear you’ve been taken care of. How do you feel people have responded to your beauty range?
I have loved being able to engage with the QVC shoppers and get their genuine feedback on the products, which has generated so many 5* reviews across the range. Especially the heroine products, which include the Lash Treatment Gel, the First Base Foundation and my I Am Woman fragrance, have been a real hit. I am delighted.
If you have one tip for our beauty junkies what would it be?

Looking good makes you feel good, which is great for your confidence. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself, experiment and play around with colour. Blusher and lipstick can bring your face alive.
What are your make-up bag and skincare must-haves?
My Sun Hat Day Cream, which contains SPF15, goes on every morning, and I believe using foundation gives another layer of protection, especially my First Base Foundation which is a skin treatment as well as a base. Without fail I carry my handbag favourite, the Paparazzi Ready Compact Duo, which makes it so easy to check my face, touch up my powder and lipstick, all in one convenient compact – it’s so clever.
Paparazzi Ready Compact
And finally, what can customers look forward to from you in this next year?
We have some very wearable summer bright and nude lip and nail shades coming up and also super new products in the I Am Woman fragrance, including a fabulous gift idea for next Christmas – I can’t believe I’m even thinking about Christmas already!
You can talk about Christmas, we don’t mind! We simply cannot wait to see the new treats from the Timeless Beauty range!
In the meantime, browse Joan Collins Timeless Beauty or visit our beauty department, and don’t forget to tune in for more from Joan at 1pm and 8pm on 15th March, and 16th March at 7pm

No comments: